- 3 super ripe, peeled bananas
- 3 organic eggs
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 5-10 raw pecans or nut of choice.
- Preheat your oven to 350°
- Prepare a loaf pan with coconut oil on bottom and sides, and cut a piece of parchment paper to fit in the bottom of the pan (I use a piece of parchment, a pencil to trace outside of pan, cut the piece and lay it down inside the pan so it sticks to the coconut oil).
- Mash the bananas with a fork repeatedly until completely mashed and as smooth as possible.
- Add the eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla to the mashed bananas continue to mix well.
- Add the baking soda, salt, and coconut flour to the wet batter and blend well.
- Let the batter rest for 5-10 minutes or so to give the coconut flour time to absorb the wet ingredients.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan, top with nuts and bake for 45-50 minutes or until the top begins to brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Cool fully and remove from pan. At this point, you can slice it - don't slice before it cools fully. It will firm up as it cools and over time - best eaten ASAP or within a few days! Enjoy!